Geotechnical engineers play a significant role in the success of Design-Build (DB) projects. Perhaps quantifying the geotechnical risks of any DB project may be considered the most impactful component of the entire DB team. The geotechnical subsurface conditions drive the cost, schedule and risks associated with the projects.
The MC2 team of subject matter experts (SMEs) have successfully completed several large-scale infrastructure projects in transportation as well as water treatment plants. Having worked for the owners and as a member of the DB team, MC2 has the technical expertise and bench strength to deliver innovative engineering solutions, within the often highly compressed schedule of deliverables, not only during the design phase, but also during the project phase. We believe that risk and cost reduction are often determined during the initial phases of the pursuit.
- Evaluate owner provided geotechnical data
- Augment geotechnical data gaps with additional geotechnical explorations
- Determine site characterization, as well as geotechnical and geological site-specific hazards to establish risk matrix
- Provide ATCs for various project components
- Provide settlement and slope stability analysis
- Provide various options for deep foundation systems with risks/benefits taking into consideration cost, schedule, corrosive environment, sequencing of construction and pile driveability/drilled shafts using LRFD method.
- Establish methods/numbers of load tests during construction
- Establish methodology and types of instrumentation for verification during construction