MC Squared is a regional professional engineering firm specializing in the fields of Geotechnical, Geo-Environmental and Construction Materials Engineering and Testing with offices in Georgia and Florida. Our clients are comprised of municipalities, state government agencies, and large engineering multi-national firms. We are retained to provide complex and innovative engineering solutions range from Water and Wastewater treatment plans, Roadways, bridges, airports, tunnels, and conveyance system. Additionally, we provide innovative and cost-effective solutions for vertical structures, commercial developments, and educational system. MC Squared provides a healthy environment for career advancement in the technical, management and business development areas with an exceptional commitment to engineering excellence and client service. Working in our environment will afford you an opportunity to work with seasoned professionals with national experience and expand your professional development through education, management training, and business development training.
MC Squared, Inc. employs professionals and engineers whose broad range of expertise includes all disciplines of Geotechnical, Environmental and Construction Materials Engineering and Testing.
MC Squared offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid holidays and vacations, and employee bonus based on individual and corporate performance. MC Squared is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and strive to provide a work environment that is challenging and rewarding. We offer competitive salaries, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits including medical insurance and professional advancement opportunities.
We seek energetic applicants who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and conduct investigations in the field, work closely with clients and prepare written reports that are clear and concise.
- Vice President – Tampa, Florida
- Construction Materials Testing Technician in Kennesaw and Augusta, GA
- Marketing and Business Development Manager
- Geotechnical Engineer – Kennesaw, GA
As part of our legacy at MC Squared and the development of the next generation of leaders, we are actively recruiting a future leader for our Florida business unit. The future Vice President of MC Squared, Inc.’s (MC2 ) Tampa, Florida office will lead and have executive responsibility for the business unit that encompasses Geotechnical, Geo-environmental, Construction inspection and testing, Pavement Design and Geophysical Engineering in support of Civil (transportation, water, aviation, etc.) design engineering. The services within our core-competence are provided to a wide array of clients including DOTs, State agencies, municipalities and design consultants in the Florida and Georgia markets. Our specific services include geotechnical and geophysical explorations, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, special inspections, pavement evaluation and design, foundation design recommendations, environmental Phase I and Phase II assessments and Pile Driving Analyzer (PDA) services. Responsibilities of the future VP will include successfully continuing to support owners, developers, consulting engineers, architects and contractors in their design and construction projects. This role includes collaborating with the senior management team and executive leadership to ensure organizational alignment and growth.
- As part of the executive team, builds and evolves MC2’s strategic plan.
- Advances the cause and mission of MC Squared.
- Mentors associates in leadership development.
- Actively participates in professional and technical organizations.
- Actively be involved in the Florida market to represent the company as a consultant of choice.
- Provide focus on quality, client satisfaction, safety and added-value.
- Works with business unit staff to set annual operational and capital expenditure targets in line with MC2’s strategic plan and annual operating targets.
- Provides business unit oversight to staff and holds them accountable to expectations, including operational and financial performance.
- Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments
- Provide mentorship to technical staff to help advance their professional careers.
- Evaluate opportunities and make strategic decisions regarding Go No-Go.
- Review geotechnical reports prepared by technical staff.
- Regularly communicate with clients to ensure work quality, staff performance, and address client concerns and manage expectations.
- This role provides direct management responsibility, strategic leadership, coordination of activities and administrative oversight with capital budget responsibility.
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Will be a member of the executive team and will work collaboratively with members on the overall execution of the company’s short and long-term strategies, business plan, and strategic initiatives.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- MS Degree in Geotechnical Engineering.
- 15 to 20 years of experience in complex heavy civil projects.
- Florida Professional Engineer registration.
- Leadership, communications, emotional intelligence, entrepreneurial spirit.
Vice President – Tampa, Florida
- Experience in overseeing the deployment and management of engineering teams, planning, scheduling projects, and advanced knowledge of how to drive operational excellence, standards, value and productivity of business.
- Strong business planning, management, and organizational experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Thinks strategically, objectively and analytically; considers future implications of plans and weighs the benefits and risks of actions
- Acts with agility and anticipates changes in business conditions and ensures appropriate communication and action is taken to manage these changes
- Displays an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- Builds a culture of employee growth and development.
- Promotes a culture of client satisfaction through metrics, communication and accountability
Why work for MC2?
At MC2, you are a part of a family where our values are part of our culture. No company can build a coherent culture without people who either share its core values or possess the willingness and ability to embrace those values. That’s why at MC2 our most important asset – is our people.
We offer our associates:
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare benefits package
- Paid Life insurance
- Casual work environment
- 401k with matching contributions
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Supplemental Benefits-Cancer, accident and disability
Click to download (pdf format)
Must be certified and experienced (2-10 years) with work on Georgia projects. Successful candidates must have valid certifications.
Field Technicians: Experienced with soils, masonry, concrete and asphalt testing for field operations: MUST have a good driving record. MUST be certified with ACI, NPDES and NICET in Soil, Concrete and Asphalt. We are looking for a technician that is roadway testing certified (RTT). Structural Steel Inspection experience is a plus.
Company Benefits: MC Squared offers an excellent professional consulting engineering environment, training, mentoring and advancement. Additionally, we offer competitive compensation for qualified personnel and benefits package including medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations. MC Squared is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You MUST be DRUG-FREE and have a GOOD driving record.
Click to download (pdf format)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Client Management and Communications
- Maintain and establish new and existing meaningful client relationships – this is not a sales role.
- Assist in acquisition, analysis and utilization of client leads.
- Present the company in a professional manner through meetings with clients, interfacing at industry events, tradeshows and conferences
- Assist the CEO with the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans
- Specifically, the Marketing Manager will be required to help create and publish marketing materials, proposals, articles, presentations, brochures, press releases, and monthly company newsletters.
- Attend in-state and national industry forums and seminars.
- Spearhead website organization and active social media updates.
- Attend and contribute meaningfully to in-house BD meetings
- BA degree in journalism, marketing or advertisement with 5 to 10 years of experience in B2B consulting environment
- Career minded professionals with strong desire to grow
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Advanced market research skills
- “People person” who is confident and has a positive personality
- Strong organizational and time management skills are critical – must adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment
- Exceptional work ethic, with strong values and principles – takes all opportunities to go above and beyond the basic expectations
The Company: MC Squared, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. It is a regional professional consulting engineering firm specializing in the fields of Geotechnical, Environmental and Construction Materials Engineering and Testing with offices in Georgia and Florida. Our clients are comprised of municipalities, state government agencies, and large multi-national engineering firms. We are retained to provide complex and innovative engineering solutions to support design of Water and Wastewater treatment plants, roadways, bridges, airports, tunnels and conveyance systems. Additionally, we provide innovative and cost-effective solutions for vertical structures, commercial developments and educational institutions. MC Squared provides a healthy environment for career advancement in the technical, managerial and business development areas with exceptional commitment to engineering excellence and client service. Working in our environment will afford you an opportunity to work with seasoned professionals with national and international experience.
Company Benefits: MC Squared, Inc. offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations. You must be DRUG FREE and have a good driving record.
Click to download (pdf format)
Prepare all experimental data, charts, plots, maps, records and reports for the assigned job; perform site characterization of soils and rocks, including construction inspection and construction materials testing; locate borings in the field, clear utilities and perform drilling and coring operations; assist in preparation of geotechnical and pavement reports; perform field and laboratory activities according to the required standards and codes (ASTM, AASHTO, etc.), prepare soil survey and pavement reports; perform geotechnical analysis for shallow and deep foundations (which include drilled shafts, driven PSC and H-piles, micropiles and alternative foundation systems), prepare bridge foundation investigation (BFIs) and wall foundation investigation (WFIs) reports; prepare geotechnical service proposals for prospective clients. Req. Master Degree in Civil Engineering with concentration in Geotechnical Engineering. Proficiency in (1) evaluating and analyzing SPT, CPT, PMT, DMT and VST data; (2) saturated and unsaturated soil mechanics; (3) LRFD and ASD design methodology; (4) slope stability evaluations using Slope-W software; (5) FHWA design methods of drilled shafts and construction effects on bearing capacity. 9-5, 40 hr/wk. Mail resume to MC Squared, Inc. at 1275 Shiloh Rd NW, Suite 2620, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Click to download(pdf format)