The successful Geotechnical and Materials Engineer/ Project Manager will complement our existing successful engineering team and assist in managing existing projects. The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing consulting environment. He or she must have the ability to provide technical support on geotechnical and construction projects. This position requires technical competence and a positive attitude and an ability to communicate effectively with clients, fellow engineers, and subordinates. Experience with project management is required. Strong analytical and computer skills are highly desirable in areas including slope stability analysis, retaining wall analysis, settlement analysis, shallow and deep foundation design. An MS from an accredited college/university is highly desirable with a major in civil/geotechnical engineering. Professional Registration (PE) in the state of Georgia is a must with the ability to obtain registration in other states including the state of Florida within 6 months. Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and other engineering related software is required. Excellent communication skills and strong business acumen are required for success and career progress. You will have the opportunity to grow your career while keeping current with the best technological innovations in the industry. The successful candidate will work out of the Kennesaw (Atlanta) office.
- BS degree (MS degree is preferred) in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Geotechnical Engineering or construction materials testing. At least 5 years of related experience with a consulting engineering firm and knowledge of geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing and inspection practices.
- High preference will be afforded to candidates with MS or Ph.D. degree.
- High preference will be afforded to candidates with knowledge of local geology and subsurface conditions in the Southeast of the USA.
- Track record of managing projects and developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Experience in preparing proposals is desired.
- Experience with large geotechnical engineering projects or construction materials testing and inspection projects. PE registration in Georgia or the ability to acquire one within the first six months of successful employment is required.
- Experience with geotechnical site characterization, evaluation, recommendations, and construction.
- Demonstrate professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail; track record of high-quality work products.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate performance of independent analysis and demonstrate strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong personal safety awareness.
MC Squared offers an excellent professional consulting engineering environment, training, mentoring and advancement. Additionally, we offer competitive compensation for qualified personnel and benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations. MC Squared is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You MUST be DRUG-FREE and have a GOOD driving record.
How to Apply:
Click to download (pdf format)