MC Squared is seeking a to join our Atlanta. In this capacity, you will provide technical expertise over large and complex projects in the applications of heavy civil projects consisting of roadways, bridges, airports, water and waste water treatment plans and tunneling.
The successful Principal Geotechnical Engineer will complement our existing successful geotechnical and engineering team, and manage existing clients, provide technical guidance, mentor junior staff thru effective leadership, and assist in leading our local Geotechnical Engineering practices. The traits we desire are: be proficient in developing and maintaining client relationships, and have strong geotechnical engineering evaluation and consulting skills. Must be proficient in technical writing of geotechnical reports; excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills are required. This position offers a range of meaningful technical and business opportunities, requiring that the candidate be independent thinker, well-rounded and results-oriented.
- MS degree in Civil Engineering with concentration in Geotechnical Engineering 15+ years of related experience with a consulting engineering firm and knowledge of geotechnical engineering practices.
- High preference will be afforded to candidates with knowledge of local geology and subsurface conditions in the Southeast of the USA.
- Track record of developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Experience in preparing proposals for new work.
- Experience with large geotechnical engineering projects. PE registration in Georgia and Florida is required.
- Experience in successful leadership project team members. Must be able to influence and lead team members with direct reporting relationships.
- Experience with geotechnical characterization, evaluation, recommendations, and construction.
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail; track record of high quality work products.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated performance of independent analysis and demonstrated strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong personal safety awareness.